We are delighted to announce that we will be joining the Brighton & Hove Hebrew Congregation for a Shabbaton on the weekend of Friday 23 – Sunday 25 February 2024.
There has been considerable interest in this event – places are limited so please book early using this page.
There are three options for accommodation – please note that availability of onsite accommodation is very limited and will be made available on a first come, first served basis to those who opt to share.
- Onsite houses – these offer a shared kitchen and lounge area, as well as individual double bedrooms with an ensuite or shared bathroom (there are five bedrooms per house, one ‘penthouse’ double room with ensuite, two double rooms on the second floor with ensuite and two double rooms on the first floor that share a bathroom). When booking, please liaise with others so that at least 4 rooms are occupied in each house.
- Onsite flats – These offer a shared kitchen and lounge area, as well as two individual bedrooms, one has an ensuite whilst the other room has access to the shared bathroom. When booking, please liaise with others so that both rooms are occupied in each house.
- Offsite accommodation – You are of course free to arrange alternative accommodation offsite and there are numerous options available. The nearest hotel is the Best Western Princes Marine, which is on the seafront and is a 7 minute walk from BNJC – we have arranged with them a rate of £261 (room only) for two nights and can provide contact details on request. It is a three star hotel, fairly plain but clean and comfortable.
All meals will be catered by Novellino Brighton (the onsite kosher restaurant and caterer) and will include:
- Friday Night Shabbat Dinner: Four course menu, including challah, kiddush wine, table wine and soft drinks
- Shabbat Breakfast: Tea, coffee and pastries prior to the shul service
- Shabbat Morning Kiddush
- Shabbat Lunch: Four course menu, including challah, kiddush wine, table wine and soft drinks
- Seuda Shelishit
- Motzei Shabbat Buffet Supper
Breakfast on Sunday morning may be purchased at the Novellino Restaurant onsite – this is a meat restaurant, with options including a Full English Breakfast. To view their full Breakfast & Brunch menu, click here.
Alternatively, if you are staying onsite, you can use your shared kitchen to cook your own!
All services will be conducted in conjunction with the Brighton & Hove Hebrew Congregation in their stunning new synagogue – the jewel in the crown of the new community hub. Of purist design, the synagogue has been built to create a peaceful, spiritual oasis. The building is a single-storey of double height with natural light from above. The blue glazed terracotta screen, which surrounds the building to the south enhances the dappled light effect within, and is a real signature piece for the community.
In addition to services throughout Shabbat, there are weekday minyanim every morning and evening.
Motzei Shabbat & Sunday
There will be an optional programme on Saturday evening to be held at BNJC, run by the Programme Director Rabbi Matt Marks.
On Sunday morning, there will be an optional walking tour of Jewish Interest in Brighton & Hove.
More details of these activities will be published shortly.